Write For Us
We welcome and love new contributions from our growing community. Here’s what you need to know:
- Word count: No minimums but posts typically run between 250 and 1000 words. Please stay under 1000 words.
- Tone: Inclusive, accessible and generally positive. Take a look around and see what we’ve previously posted.
- Original Content: We ask that posts submitted be unique and original to DIYHomeremedies. We do not accept posts that have already been published or submitted elsewhere online (not even on your personal blog) or that you plan to distribute to other websites.
- We are not interested in SEO-driven submissions: If you work for a content farm or are writing articles for the sole purpose of linking up keywords in an effort to boost SEO or to plug a product or brand name in a post, we are not interested. If your submission or bio references or promotes a business or service that is not in line with our philosophy (e.g. a weight-loss products), then we are not interested.
- Bio and promotion: Since we do not compensate contributors for posts, we’re more than happy to include a byline and your brief bio containing links to your website, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter accounts, which we will promote when your post goes live. Please keep your bio to just 2-3 sentences. DIYHomeremedies is a great resource to promote what you’re doing to like minded people.
- Health claims: If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, please include a link to that source. If you’re claiming that a certain food is healthy, tell us how you know. Ideally you’d link to peer-reviewed scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets. This way, readers can follow your line of thinking and investigate further if they want to know more.
- We love connecting with new contributors. While we cover an insane amount of ground, DIYHomeremedies consists of just a few people. As such, sometimes we don’t have the opportunity to respond to all submissions. We can assure you, however, that we carefully read every single submission that we receive. If your post has been accepted, we will respond within 14 days. If your post has not run within two weeks of submission, we have passed.
- Please only submit one post at a time: You’re welcome to submit again with a different post after you’ve waited 14 days.
- By submitting to DIYHomeremedies you acknowledge that any form of editing that might occur on behalf of the DIYHomeRemedies editorial team.
Please email us the following if you’re ready to submit:
- Your full post with a working title. Please send this within the body of an email.
- Any relevant images for your post. (Please send as separate files, not pasted within a doc). Please only send images that you own.
- Your brief bio (less than 120 words) with links to your website, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter pages. Please put any relevant links in brackets like this both in your bio, and in the piece: [http://facebook.com/popcornyouth].
- Please DO NOT hyperlink ever.
- A headshot or photo of you to use for your bio.
Please send all of the above to email@example.com