How To Make Natural Homemade Lemon Poppy Seed Soap?
Most of us use a soap that available in the market. THough the many type of soap are availble in the market; sometime it becomes difficult to find the soap that suits to our beauty requirment.
On the way to search on how to make a natural soap in the home, we stumbled upon many resources and found that there are multiple way that we can a best homemade soap.
We loved the idea of using poppy seed, almond oil and lemon to make doap as these three ingrediend can provide many health benefits of our skin.
Almond oil is well know for it health benfeits to skin. It can work as anti-oxidant, moisturizer, and nourish skin. It relieves irritation of skin by environmental pollution and help skin cells to delay aging process. It is useful in many irritating skin disorders like eczema and psoriasis.
Poppy seeds are an old home remedy for different skin ailments and been recommanded by Ayurveda. Poppy seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and its paste work as good moisturizer for skin giving you soft, smooth skin.[adsense float=’center’]
Here is how to make a lemon poppy seed soap –
- Soap Base
- Soap Mold
- Almond & Lemon essential Oils, Lemon zest & Poppy seeds
- Glass Measuring Cups, Spatula, Measuring spoon & Baking sheeth.
Procedure to make lemon poppy seed soap –
- Get melt & pour soap base (Or Goat milk soap base) from market. Cut it into the small pieces and add to glass measuring cup.
- Microwave this soap base pieces for 30 to 40 seconds then take out and stirr for 5 to 10 seconds. Microwave again for next few seconds to melt soap base properly. It takes approximately 1 min.
- Once melted propelry ; take out the glass measuring cup and add few drops of scents, essential oils, lemon zest & poppy seeds. Stirr well to mix it perfectly.
- Now take the small soap mold and coat it with little amount of cooking spray to avoid possible sticking of soap to mold. Keep this mold on baking sheeth and pour your soap mixture in soap mold.
- If you found any air bubbles in the solution then just prick them with a pointed pin to remove air.
- Now keep these molds in refrigerator from approx. 15 to 20 min or till the soap set properly.
- Once finished with cooling process; pop out the soap from mold & they are ready to use 🙂
You can use it in home or gift it to your friends. Most exciting thing about this recipe is that you can make as many type of soap as you wish by adding different kind of color, essential oils etc. Just make sure you or your family does not have any known allergic history to the colors or oils that you will adding to soap.
This procedure is inspired from a blog post of Brandy’s site ‘Gluesticks Blog’. You can check out her exact procedure on this homemade soap making post.